Thursday, April 4, 2013

Prego Problems

(Extremely) short story time: 

A couple days ago I was jogging on the treadmill and something happened to me that has never happened before.... my gut hit the front bar on the treadmill!  Normally this would be upsetting, but since it was caused by a baby gut and not a regular gut, I would actually classify this as very exciting.  Here's what I'm working with at 25 weeks:


I look angry but I'm not

Not only is Jack obviously getting bigger, but he won't stop kicking!!!  No, seriously, I'm talking all day AND all hours of the night too (give or take).  I'm not sure if he's just restless like his mom, or if he has inherited his dad's love for soccer (and hopefully his skill too!).  Either way I'm thinking we are going to have our hands full.

Speak of being restless, I'm still keeping up with my workouts!  Walking, jogging, weights... they're all still feeling great despite my growing gut!  However, my core workouts are pretty much non-existent.  I do have one exercise that still feels good: side plank.  Unfortunately, I hate side planks, so I rarely do them.  But for those of you who don't mind boring stability exercises, your love handles will be so happy during your pregnancy!  Do some side plank with love handle leans after a good cardio sesh and those pesky love handles will be one less thing to worry about post-pregnancy.

 
My workout for the day:
 
Cardio:
0.5 mile walk to warm up
2 mile jog (outside so I don't have to worry about baby gut hitting the treadmill bar)
 
3 circuits of:
12 side lunges on each leg holding 8 lb. dumbbells
10 incline push-ups (so baby gut doesn't hit the ground either)
15 seated dips
 
30 sec side plank on each side (even though I hate them) 
x3
 
Fueled by:
 
raspberry Greek yogurt
2 eggs
broccoli
and of course a cup of Joe
 
That's an A+ breakfast and workout if I do say so myself :)



 

1 comment: