Tuesday, March 26, 2013

my favorite pregnancy workout

24 weeks down, 16 to go!  I'm feeling great in general, and my workouts are still feeling good as well, but I can definitely tell a difference in my strength and energy level.  Obviously the hormones play a big part in that, but I'm sure the size difference in my baby gut does too. 
 
Check this out... me at 8 weeks and me now (at 24 weeks): 
 
WHOA!  My how Jack has grown in the past few months.  Anyway, as I was saying, I'm sure my belly size has a little something to do with the difficulty of my normal workouts.  That being said, I'm not going to give up my workouts all together, I've just been modifying them instead.  This is one of my favorite workouts to do since I've had a more noticeable baby gut:
 
30-40 minutes of cardio (I'm pretty much just sticking to a brisk walk outside or a treadmill pace of 3.8)
Then 3 sets of:
20 squats with a 30 lb. straight bar
12 bicep curls with 12 lb. dumbbells
12 shoulder presses with 12 lb. dumbbells
 
 
Now keep in mind that I was working out regularly pre-pregnancy, so please don't go grab a 30 lb. straight bar if you're a fitness novice!  Start with no weights or grab some 5 lb. dumbbells, and lower your repetitions if you need to.  Same thing goes for the bicep curls and shoulder press.  I just wanted to tell you about this workout because it works my entire body and all of the exercises are simple and extremely baby gut safe! :)
 
  
 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable preggers! Keep up the good (exercise) work! I'll have to share your bloggie with all my pregnant friends :)

    hautehealthy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete