Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Thus Far....

Hi!  I'm Emily Hopkins Da Silva.  Personal Fitness Trainer (check out my website EmilyExercise.com!) is my main gig for now, but soon I'll be taking on another role... as a mama :)  I'm 18 weeks prego and feeling pretty darn good.  I've continued to work out regularly since I found out I was pregnant (at 4 weeks).  Here's the gist of my pregnancy  and fitness so far:

  • 4-8 weeks - I felt normal for the most part, a little more tired than normal but I still pushed through my workouts, which consisted of running (2-4 miles), weight training, and/or circuit training.  I averaged 6-7 workouts per week.

  • 8-14 weeks - Hell.  My morning sickness didn't include throwing up (luckily), but I kind of wish I did, it probably would have made me feel better.  It was more of an all day nauseous kinda thing - joy.  I was exhausted and hardly any food sounded good (which really sucks when normally ALL food sounds good).  I had to scale down my workouts; running at a slower pace, taking longer breaks during circuit training, etc.  But I will say, even though I felt like crap, I felt fine during and for a short period after my workouts.  The endorphin release truly helps those raging hormones, TRUST ME!  It may only be temporary, but that's better than nothing.  I averaged 4-6 workouts per week.

  • 14-18 weeks- My energy has come back (it's true what they say!).  I averaged 5 or 6 workouts per week.

Ok, here are some baby gut pics.  My husband wanted to take a picture everyday like that girl on that commercial with the Buddy Holly song "Everyday," but that didn't happen.  Sorry babe!  I wanted to do a weekly one, but that didn't really happen either.  I am, however, trying to be better now with the weekly pics since I'm starting to actually notice a difference in the size of my lil' baby gut.  I call these my "myspace baby gut pics," you know, the bathroom selfies - classic.

8 weeks
11 weeks
 
14 weeks
15 weeks
16 weeks
17 weeks
 
18 weeks

 
So there you have it! That's my pregnancy and baby gut thus far. Have a nice day!


No comments:

Post a Comment